Saturday, July 24, 2010

Welcome to My Evil, Anonymous Blog

Newsbusters draws our attention to the fact that CNN thinks that Bloggers, especially anonymous ones, are from the "dark side" of the internet. Here's the clip:


This is clearly the low point of the conversation:

"There are so many great things that the internet does and has to offer, but at the same time, Kyra, as you know, there is this dark side," Roberts said. "Imagine what would have happened if we hadn't taken a look at what happened with Shirley Sherrod and plumbed the depths further and found out that what had been posted on the Internet was not in fact reflective of what she said."

"There's going to have be a point in time where these people have to be held accountable," Phillips said. "How about all these bloggers that blog anonymously? They say rotten things about people and they're actually given credibility, which is crazy. They're a bunch of cowards; they're just people seeking attention."

[emphasis added]

Nice choice of words: rotten... crazy... cowards... And we'll just skip over the issue of how racist it is to use darkness as a metaphor for evil!

John Roberts asks us to imagine a world without CNN and the rest of the Democrat-Dominated Dinosaur media. Let's do that!

As No Sheeples Here points out, dozens of people would have to find something else to watch on TV. And if those people abandoned their TV sets to go visit those dark-as-a-black-hole blogs, they'd find honest opinions untainted by faux objectivity:

"When you visit a blog you know exactly what you’re getting. Unlike so-called journalists who 'claim' not to be biased, bloggers are up front about their biases."

The Confederate Yankee reminds us that CNN is the very organization that concealed torture and murder for a ratings advantage. Imagine what would have happened if CNN hadn't done that. Just imagine.

Don Surber provides a flashback to 1998 and Operation Tailwind. No CNN, no Operation Tailwind... just imagine.

It's interesting that Big Media outlets suddenly have a problem with anonymity. Does this mean they'll stop quoting anonymous sources and linking to anonymous blogs now?


Update: This issue is so clear-cut, even the lefties get it...

"At least anonymous bloggers are very clear and truthful about what they are: often citizens whose jobs or other interests prevent them from attaching their names to their political expression. By stark contrast, all of these establishment media outlets perpetrate a total fraud on the public by pretending that they have standards..."

Update II: Over at Say Anything and Lady Cincinnatus, Proof nails it:

"I suspect that it is not the anonymity of the bloggers that threatens Phillips nearly so much as their effectiveness."



More

  • DaTechGuy dares to ask: How many stories has CNN done on Journolist?

5 comments:

No Sheeples Here! said...

@Right Klik,

Thanks for the link. I hope you and your readers have a wonderful weekend.

Mike aka Proof said...

I originally chose my "nom de cyber" to distinguish myself and stand out from those who had similar names, not to try to hide who I was. After a while, more people knew me by my cyber handle than by my real name. If in the future, anyone really gives a rat's patoot what my name is, I'll have no trouble giving it to them. Right now, it's rather like a "brand name". It says "Tide" on the box, but everyone knows it's laundry detergent! Heh.

Amusing Bunni said...

I'm staying anonymous forever.
If we used our real names, they could find us and send busses of SEIU thugs on our front lawns to terrorize us. They must really thing we are as stupid as they are.

Steve Pickering said...

Actually, I blog and comment under my real name...

As a conservative, I feel that taking a stand in my own name lends an air of accountability to what I write. When I read anonymous blogs and comments, it's difficult to determine the credibility of the author. Anonymous blog postings are a notch above the credibility of anonymous email messages, but not much.

One of our freedoms in this great country is our freedom of speech, anonymously or otherwise. It is also our right to discount speech that we do not consider reliable. While I believe that we all have the right to speak anonymously, we probably shouldn't be too upset when someone deems our speech as unreliable...

After all, the signers of the Declaration of Independence had the courage to sign their names, and placed their lives in jeopardy by doing so. In honor of our brave founders, I will continue to sign my name to whatever I write.

Anonymous said...

I'm one of the few that use my own name. I do it because I want people to know who it is they hate.