As the summer heats up, so does TBF. It's here! Your weekly TBF Poll:
Information about the candidates...
Van Irion (TN-3)
My core philosophy is that our founders got it right more than 200 years ago when they established the Constitution to protect our God given rights by limiting government. They understood that “government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one.” (Thomas Paine)
Unfortunately, the Federal government has repeatedly involved itself in issues in which it has no Constitutional authority and has become intolerable. While claiming this or the other act will “solve the problem”, they have done the opposite and complicated the issues...
- Van Irion has actually begun work on a Class Action Lawsuit against ObamaCare.
- Van Irion has signed a $1 million bonded term limit agreement.
- Van Irion is fighting a host of Republicans for the GOP nomination in Tennessee's 3rd Congressional District. The Tennessee primary election will be held on August 5.
- Van Irion on the issues
Christine O'Donnell (DE-Sen)
As a woman of principled determination, with a governing philosophy centered on the core values of the great American tradition and a wide experience in taking on the liberal establishment, Christine O’Donnell is your candidate for U.S. Senate from the First State.
Christine O’Donnell is a nationally recognized political commentator and marketing consultant. She appears weekly, sometimes daily, on national news outlets such as the Fox News Channel, CNN, C-SPAN, MSNBC and ABC, including major ratings hits like “The O’Reilly Factor,” “Hannity & Colmes,” “The Glenn Beck Show,” “Hardball with Chris Matthews” and “Entertainment Tonight...”
Joe Miller (AK-Sen)
Joe Miller is an Alaskan by choice. He grew up in a working class family in Kansas, and headed to the Last Frontier sixteen years ago because of his love for the outdoors. After graduating from law school, Miller accepted a position at a prestigious law firm in Anchorage. Just three years later, at the age of 30, he was appointed as a State Magistrate (the youngest then serving in Alaska) as well as a Superior Court Master for the Fourth Judicial District.
Further honors followed four years later when Miller was appointed an Acting State District Court Judge and, shortly thereafter, U.S. Magistrate Judge in Fairbanks...
Daria Novak (CT-2)
A more defining part of my biography that I don't see upfront on the site is that I am a lifelong conservative and Republican, a former Reagan appointee at the US Department of State, specializing in crisis management, US-China military and trade relations, and anti-terrorism.
I also taught national security policy and political science/international affairs at the university level, have founded and run a small business, served as a volunteer firefighter/EMT and am the Founder of the Constitution Brigade in CT...
Charles Lollar (MD-5)
Charles Lollar is a concerned citizen, taxpayer, hard working business executive, Major in the United States Marine Corps Reserves and most importantly a father of four and a devoted husband.
Charles was born in Toppenish, Washington, a sleepy western town boasting a diverse mix of cultures. His father, a tax consultant, instilled in him an old fashioned work ethic while his mother, a librarian, taught him how to be compassionate and caring for his fellow man...
Sharon Angle (NV-Sen)
In addition to her proud service in the Nevada legislature, Sharron has been an active member of the Republican Party for many years. She currently serves on the Nevada State Central Committee and has been the chairman of the Washoe County GOP precinct organization effort.
Sharron Angle is also a proud member of the Gun Owners of America, National Right to Life Committee, Concerned Women for America, Nevada Republican Assembly, Washoe County Republican Party, and Fellowship Community Church...
- During her four terms in Nevada's 42-seat Assembly, many votes were "41-to-Angle."
- In recognition of her fight to protect the Constitution, Sharron received the prestigious Claremont Institute Ronald Reagan Freedom Medallion for Courageous Client in 2004.
- Sharron Angle faces Senate Majority Leader "Dirty" Harry Reid in November.
- Angle on the issues
Vicky Hartzler (MO-4)
Vicky Hartzler is a leader who believes people of character have a wonderful opportunity to make a difference for others through public service. She learned the importance of family, the reality of the American dream, and the value of a strong work ethic growing up on a farm in rural Cass County working alongside her parents, Ted and Virginia Zellmer, and sister, Peggy.
Vicky learned the principles of hard work, commitment, perseverance, and courage in the face of challenges as they worked the land to produce crops of corn, soybeans, milo, wheat, and hay and raised hogs and cattle...
- Vicky and her husband run a diversified farming operation and are owners of Hartzler Equipment Company.
- Hartzler is the author of the book “Running God’s Way: Step by Step to a Successful Political Campaign”.
- If Hartzler wins the GOP primary on August 3, she will face incumbent Ike Skelton in November.
- Vicky Hartzler on the issues
Ann Marie Buerkle (NY-25)
A native of Auburn, New York, Ann Marie is a nurse and accomplished attorney working in healthcare, mother of six and grandmother of eleven.
After graduating as an R.N. from St. Joseph’s Hospital School of Nursing, Ann Marie worked at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City and St. Joseph’s Hospital in Syracuse. While juggling a growing family, Ann Marie was a substitute school nurse for many years before obtaining her law degree from Syracuse University School of Law...
- Beurkle is a nurse and accomplished attorney.
- Ann Marie Buerkle is the only candidate in her district running on both the Conservative Party and Repbulican Party lines. A victory in the September 14 GOP primary would allow her to face Dan Maffei in November.
- This Buerkle campaign video is highly recommended.
- Ann Marie Buerkle on the issues
Marco Rubio (FL-Sen)
Highly regarded for his principled, energetic and idea-driven leadership, Marco Rubio is a candidate for U.S. Senate in 2010.
In 1971, Marco was born in Miami to Cuban-born parents who came to America following Fidel Castro’s takeover. When he was eight years old, Rubio and his family moved to Las Vegas, Nevada where his father worked as a bartender at the Sams Town Hotel and his mother as a housekeeper at the Imperial Palace Hotel...
Chris Gibson (NY-20)
Chris Gibson grew up in Columbia County in the town of Kinderhook. He was the Point Guard and Co-Captain of Ichabod Crane’s High School Basketball Team and went on to graduate magna cum laude with a BA in History from Siena College while earning a ROTC Commission there.
Over the course of his 24 year Army career Chris rose to the rank of Colonel and deployed 7 times; including 4 combat tours to Iraq, and separate deployments to Kosovo, the Southwestern US for a counter-drug operation, and most recently (just prior to his retirement) to Haiti where he commanded the 82nd Airborne Division’s 2nd Brigade Combat Team during the opening month of that humanitarian relief operation...
*Nominees who were not included this week are eligible to be renominated for next week. The c
andidates who receive the most nominations are prioritized.
Anna Little and Michele Bachmann (previous winners) are now eligible to be included in the next poll.
- The Conservative Lady: We need good leaders and it's up to all of us to make sure the right people get the jobs.
- Nice Deb: You can help Vicky “spike Ike” by giving her your vote.
- TCUnation: Please vote and then pass the word to your friends and family
- TCUnation: Marco Rubio Supporters - Vote in the Ten Buck Fridays Poll
- Proof Positive: Apply your time, your talent, and your treasure to restoring this country's greatness.
- just a conservative girl: Vote up folks!
- Lilac Sunday: Thank you for your interest and support, and on to November!
- SGP: Take action by sending in your $10
- Mind-Numbed Robot: It's all about vetting the candidates and securing a money bomb for the one most in need.
- FreedomWorks: a great group of bloggers
- Auldarrow's Blog: TBF in the sidebar
- Team Sarah: We need good leaders!
- Old Line Elephant: Check out the websites and vote for your favorite candidate
- Rightosphere: New Ten Buck Fridays Poll
- Chris Gibson: Chris makes Ten Buck Fridays' top 10 list.
- The Lonely Conservative: I'm sticking with Buerkle.
- Van Irion: This email went out to 32,000 people. Did you get it?
- Hack Wilson: I guess I'm still a racist. Vote Charles Lollar.
- Adrienne's Corner: Are you a participating blog in Ten Buck Friday? If not, I urge you to become one.
- Adrienne's Corner: Get to know TBF bloggers.
- Letters from Glome: Help me get rid of Steny Hoyer! Vote for Charles Lollar.
- The Lonely Conservative: Sarah Palin Endorses Ann Marie Buerkle
- GeeeeeZ! We could go broke supporting all the great Conservatives running, but it's worth it...we'll go BROKE if we DON'T ELECT THEM!
- Wyblog: What's in your wallet?
- Thirteen Stars: Which Conservative needs our financial help?
- Red Virginia Conservative Railroad
- Conscientiously Conservative: This Week's Ten Buck Fridays Poll