You've said that we should nationalize every House and Senate race in 2010. Well, I want to let you know that there is a small but growing group of bloggers who are trying to do just that. The effort is called Ten Buck Fridays.
Ten Buck Fridays is a small-d democratic moneybomb project of the patriotic blogosphere. Back in May, a blogger called Conscientiously Conservative declared her intent to donate $10 to a different worthy national Congressional candidate each week, and the concept is spreading across the web.
Each week, voters decide which conservative Congressional candidate needs their support the most, and everyone is encouraged to donate what they can to the winner. There is no middleman, no national committee; anyone motivated to donate sends their support to the candidates directly. The poll that closed last Friday morning was carried on 60 blogs and received over 2000 votes...
- Before It's News: A donation of $10 from every voter would send a nice money bomb to Mr. Cravaack
- ResistNet: Chip is running against an 18-term Democrat
- No Sheeples Here: Ten Buck Friday — Chip Cravaack Edition
- Reaganite Republican: The idea is to make the donations online, directly to the candidate.
- SGP: I am proud to be helping out in this effort.
- Lilac Sunday: The consequences of inaction are clear
- Free Republic: While $10 is great, $20 is even better.
- The Camp of the Saints: It's Don’t Buy A Pie Day, 'Cause It’s Ten Buck Friday!
- Randy's Roundtable: He is going after an 18 term DemocRAT incumbent
- JBlog Central: Ten Buck Friday Blogs Send Their Bucks to Chip Cravaack
- Fuzzy Logic: You know the drill, Patriots, fork over some cash for America's future.
- Nice Deb: We’ve got ourselves a winnah!
- Mind-Numbed Robot: Ten Buck Fridays – Time to “Chip” In!
- Obi's Sister: The next poll will be up on Sunday. Isn’t this a great idea?
- Chip Cravaack for Congress: “The enthusiasm shown by our supporters in helping us win this is really inspiring,” Chip said. “It’s a testament to the grassroots nature of our campaign. This same enthusiasm and grassroots network is how we are going to win in November.”
- At The Point of A Gun: For the price difference for dinner for two between Outback Steakhouse and Applebee's, you can help support a worthwhile conservative candidate for Congress.
- Conscientiously Conservative: Some Ten Buck Fridays Love for Chip Cravaack
- The Lonely Conservative: Chip received the endorsement of the Minnesota Republican Party on the first ballot with 68% of the vote.
- Ruby Slippers: The last thing the country needs is another 2 years of Oberstar in Congress dining on French oysters while we pick up the tab.
- WyBlog: Every district counts. Chip Cravaack gets that.
- just a conservative girl: Check back on Sunday for the next poll.
- Hack Wilson: I'm giving $20 dollars to the Chip Cravaack campaign! Oberstar...yeah, he gone.
- Stop the ACLU: Join in, contribute...
- No Sheeples Here: Lt. Col. Allen West: Oxygen For The Soul