There are only 17 Fridays left until the elections on November 2. Please make generous donations DIRECTLY to Ten Buck Fridays candidates on a weekly basis (details on TBF here).
Before you choose your favorite candidate in this week's poll, please give generously to last week's winner, Anna Little (the campaign will be letting us know how much money they receive from us).
This poll is closed. Click here for the latest.
This poll is closed. Click here for the latest.
Meet the Candidates:
Patrick Murray (VA-8)
Patrick Murray is a retired U.S. Army Colonel with 24-years of active service. Patrick spent over a decade in numerous postings abroad, including tours in Iraq, Kosovo, Bosnia, Serbia and Russia. Serving around the World afforded him an up-close perspective of what it is like to live in places that do not enjoy the blessings of liberty. He does not take our freedoms for granted and knows first-hand that “freedom isn’t free.”
He was raised in Oklahoma by a single mother who taught him the importance of hard work, honesty and self reliance. He went to work at the age of 14 to help her pay the bills at home...
Patrick Murray faces incumbent Democrat Jim Moran in the fall.
Patrick Murray on the issues
Charles Lollar (MD-5)
Charles Lollar is a concerned citizen, taxpayer, hard working business executive, Major in the United States Marine Corps Reserves and most importantly a father of four and a devoted husband.
Charles was born in Toppenish, Washington, a sleepy western town boasting a diverse mix of cultures. His father, a tax consultant, instilled in him an old fashioned work ethic while his mother, a librarian, taught him how to be compassionate and caring for his fellow man...
If Charles Lollar wins the GOP primary on September 14, he will take on Steny Hoyer in November.
Charles Lollar on the issues
Teresa Collett (MN-4)
One of the challenges of representing Minnesota’s 4th Congressional District is writing legislation that makes sense, works with existing laws and is constitutional. I am the only Republican candidate who has written laws and defended them in state and federal courts.
As a lawyer, I have helped legislators create and pass laws to protect the elderly, the institution of marriage, parents’ rights and children, including the unborn...
In Minnesota, the GOP primary is on August 10.
Collett on the issues
Daniel Gilyeat (KS-3)
Kansans are a stubborn lot. We are tough, we have to be. We live in Tornado Alley. A sunny afternoon can turn into a raging storm in a matter of minutes. Daniel Gilyeat's life has been like that. One moment can be calm and quiet and the next minute you're flat on your back fighting for your life.
He was born on March 6th, 1972 in Shawnee Mission. Kansas, he grew up in Kansas City, Kansas. He grew up poor, in a house where he says he could "hear the wind blowing and see debris coming through the walls." They rarely had running water or electricity. He came from a family of divorce. After the age of eight he was raised with his two brothers, one older and one younger, by his single mom, Bonnie Gilyeat...
If he wins the GOP primary on August 3, Gilyeat will face the retiring incumbent Democrat's wife, Stephene Moore in the fall.
Dan Gilyeat's 12 Guiding Principles
Marco Rubio (FL-Sen)
Highly regarded for his principled, energetic and idea-driven leadership, Marco Rubio is a candidate for U.S. Senate in 2010.
In 1971, Marco was born in Miami to Cuban-born parents who came to America following Fidel Castro’s takeover. When he was eight years old, Rubio and his family moved to Las Vegas, Nevada where his father worked as a bartender at the Sams Town Hotel and his mother as a housekeeper at the Imperial Palace Hotel...
A host of candidates are fighting for this open U.S. Senate seat. Rubio is expected to face RINO turncoat Charlie Crist and a Democrat in the fall.
Marco Rubio on the issues
Ann Marie Buerkle (NY-25)
A native of Auburn, New York, Ann Marie is a nurse and accomplished attorney working in healthcare, mother of six and grandmother of eleven.
After graduating as an R.N. from St. Joseph’s Hospital School of Nursing, Ann Marie worked at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City and St. Joseph’s Hospital in Syracuse. While juggling a growing family, Ann Marie was a substitute school nurse for many years before obtaining her law degree from Syracuse University School of Law...
Ann Marie Buerkle is the only candidate in her district running on both the Conservative Party and Repbulican Party lines. A victory in the September 14 GOP primary would allow her to face Dan Maffei in November.
Ann Marie Buerkle on the issues
Liz Carter (GA-4)
Liz Carter is the best of what America has to offer: a small business owner, wife and Mom. No silver spoon in her mouth when she was born, she’s worked like the rest of us starting at the bottom, overcoming adversity, and making the best of an American life for her family. She’s a student of history and politics and an advocate. Her father, a World War II veteran, taught her what we all know, America is the greatest country in the world and she’s concerned that Washington’s lost its way...
Liz Carter is fighting to "Yank Hank" in November. If Liz wins the GOP primary on July 20, she will face Hank "Gaum's Gonna Tip Over" Johnson in the fall.
Liz Carter on the issues
Rick Barber (AL-2)
Rick Barber is a small business owner and a conservative Republican running for Congress in Alabama's 2nd Congressional District.
Rick is a product of the South. He spent his childhood in Arlington, Texas in a modest home with a Christian upbringing...
If Barber beats GOP establishment darling Martha Roby in the runoff primary on July 13, Rick Barber will face Blue Dog Bobby Bright in November.
Rick Barber on the issues
Daria Novak (CT-2)
Ms. Novak is Founder and former President of ERUdyne, LLC an international cross-cultural, business management training and consulting firm, located in the United States in Connecticut. She specializes in helping organizations to leverage culture and turn it into a competitive advantage.
Ms. Novak travels extensively across the United States and throughout the world teaching, consulting, and lecturing on global business management and cross-cultural awareness to organizations across the public, private, and university sectors...
If Daria Novak wins the GOP primary on August 10, she will face incumbent Democrat Joe Courtney in the fall.
Daria Novak on the issues
Eric Wargotz (MD-Sen)
U.S. Senatorial Candidate and (Elected) Commission President, Eric Wargotz is an experienced leader and activist; a physician-businessman, conservative, and conservationist. He knows what it takes to work as a team and to build consensus on difficult matters. He has the experience, knowledge and will to make the tough decisions.
Eric is a former Governor's Appointee to the Board of Physician Quality Assurance. While his formal training as a physician and expertise in health care issues and policy prepare him for public service in these areas, his interests are broad including those affecting the development of strong, healthy communities...
If he wins the GOP primary on September 14, Wargotz will face Barbara Mikulski in the fall.
Eric Wargotz on Today's Issues
New TBF Posts:
- just a conservative girl: Ten Bucks Fridays - Vote Up Folks
- The Other McCain: Renee Ellmers a Ten Buck Friday participant
- Smitty: The New Ten Buck Friday poll is up
- Proof Positive: New Ten Buck Friday Poll Up
- The Lonely Conservative: I’m voting for Ann Marie Buerkle, again.
- Nice Deb: A word about Dan Gilyeat, (KS-3)
- The Camp of The Saints: It's time to get polled...
- Randy's Roundtable: A new week, a new poll. 17 Fridays to go!
- Mind-Numbed Robot: Bear in mind that the most deserving candidate should be the one who has the least financial backing, depending on their circumstance.
- Hack Wilson: Liz is running against infamous Dumbocrat Hank Johnson.
- Lilac Sunday: Thanks for your participation and support; on to November!
- Conscientiously Conservative: Independence from YEARS of liberal rule
- Adrienne's Corner: Before you choose your favorite candidate in this week's poll, please give generously to last week's winner, Anna Little.
- Team Sarah: Conservative candidates who are running in the November elections could use a little help.
- Susie in Minnesota: A new conservative grassroots movement designed to motivate voters to vote with their wallet
- The Conservative Lady: We need good leaders and it's up to all of us to make sure the right people get the jobs.
- TCUnation: An easy way to take some action during this election season...
- Before It's News: New Ten Buck Friday Poll
- ResistNet: Help spread the word about good, conservative candidates.
- FreedomWorks: Ten Buck Fridays...Vote in This Week's New Poll
- Red Virginia Conservative Railroad: Unsure?
- Reaganite Republican: I want this Quisling POS Charlie Crist humiliated.
- Thirteen Stars: Brilliant idea, no?
- America! Oh How We'll Miss You!: Help save your country.
- MoreMonmouthMusings: In case you missed it in your holiday rush...
- Liberty at Stake: I’ve given thousands of bucks, in meager increments, to an alphabet soup of GOP organizations; RNC, NRCC, NRSC, god knows what else. This year is different.
- The Lonely Conservative: Last Chance to Vote...
- Nice Deb: You have no excuse not to vote!
Previous Ten Buck Fridays Winners
Updated list of Ten Buck Fridays supporters