- Voted for Nancy Pelosi's radical Cap & Tax Bill
- Voted against new oil drilling in ANWR for energy independence
- Has earned an "F" from the NRA for being "a true enemy of gun owners’ rights...and a consistent anti-gun candidate who always opposes gun owners’ rights."
- Voted against the final surge in Iraq.
- As a supporter of partial birth abortion, he gets a 100% rating from NARAL.
For this stellar performance as a liberal RINO, Representative Mark Kirk has earned a score of 48 (out of 100) from the American Conservative Union. Looking at it from another angle, Kirk is 52% liberal.
In a state where conservatives outnumber liberals by 12 percentage points, I struggle to understand why establishment Republicans like John McCain have chosen to put their thumbs on the scale for Mark Kirk's candidacy for U.S. Senate before the GOP primary.
Have they learned nothing from the fine example set by Arlen Specter? Have they learned nothing from the Dede Scozzafava debacle?
I don't know who this tough guy is, but Mark Kirk had better watch out:
Stop Mark Kirk. Support Patrick Hughes.
Cap’n Tax: Mark Kirk
Mark Kirk Voted for cap and trade after he claimed to have read it.
Illinois: 35% Conservative, 23% Liberal
Illinois conservative Republicans are essentially being insulted by their own party’s effete elites.
Tell Mark Kirk to go join the Democratic Party. That's where he really belongs!
Thomas Sowell: Republicans' "Big Tent" Battle