Ready for the next Round of Ten Buck Fridays? Here are this week's ten conservative candidates:
Information on the candidates from their own websites:
Star Parker (CA-37)
Star Parker is running for the U.S. House of Representatives in the 37th Congressional District in Los Angeles County, California. She is the founder and president of CURE, the Center for Urban Renewal & Education, a 501(c)3 non-profit think tank that explores and promotes market-based public policy to fight poverty.
Prior to her involvement in social activism, Star Parker was a single welfare mother in Los Angeles, California. After receiving Christ, Star returned to college, received a BS degree in marketing and launched an urban Christian magazine. The 1992 Los Angeles riots destroyed her business, yet served as a springboard for her focus on conservative activism...
Star Parker faces Congresswoman J Laura Richardson on November 2.
Star Parker on the issues
Marco Rubio (FL-Sen)
Highly regarded for his principled, energetic and idea-driven leadership, Marco Rubio is a candidate for U.S. Senate in 2010.
In 1971, Marco was born in Miami to Cuban-born parents who came to America following Fidel Castro’s takeover. When he was eight years old, Rubio and his family moved to Las Vegas, Nevada where his father worked as a bartender at the Sams Town Hotel and his mother as a housekeeper at the Imperial Palace Hotel...
A host of candidates are fighting for this open U.S. Senate seat. Rubio is expected to face RINO turncoat Charlie Crist and a Democrat in the fall.
Marco Rubio on the issues
Jim Rutledge (MD-Sen)
James B. Rutledge, III was raised on a beef cattle farm in Harford County. His father was a veterinarian and his mother an artist and antiques dealer. Rutledge's mother comes from coalminers that immigrated in the 1800s. His father comes from farmers who first came to Maryland in the 1600s.
Rutledge attended North Harford High School (1979) before graduating with his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Georgia (1983), Magna Cum Laude. While at the University of Georgia, Rutledge was admitted to the Phi Beta Kappa honor society and was the Captain of the University's club lacrosse team...
If Jim Rutledge wins the Republican primary on September 14, he will face incumbent Senator Barbara Mikulski in November.
Jim Rutledge on the issues
Peter Schiff (CT-Sen)
Peter Schiff is a successful businessman, bestselling author, and economic expert widely credited with foretelling the US economic crisis years before it occurred.
Peter is not a politician and has never held elected office, instead dedicating his entire adult life to economics and finance. A graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, Peter studied finance and accounting before joining a prominent brokerage firm...
If Schiff can beat Linda McMahon (World Wrestling Entertainment CEO) in the Republican primary on August 10, he will face the Democratic nominee to replace Chris Dodd.
Peter Schiff on the issues
Jacob Turk (MO-5)
Jacob is a Marine veteran and is the proud son of a Marine Korean War veteran.
Jacob raised his three children for 12 years as a single dad. He has lived the difficulties of being a single parent, and knows how government decisions on parental rights, public schools, the tax code and sex education either supports our role raising our children or undermines this very important, very rewarding, and often difficult responsibility. He believes in parents as the molders of our children rather than government programs.
Jacob owned his own small business for 12 years...
If Jacob Turk wins the GOP primary on August 3, he will face Emanuel "Spittle-Gate" Cleaver in the fall.
Jacob Turk on the issues
Liz Carter (GA-4)
Liz Carter is the best of what America has to offer: a small business owner, wife and Mom. No silver spoon in her mouth when she was born, she’s worked like the rest of us starting at the bottom, overcoming adversity, and making the best of an American life for her family. She’s a student of history and politics and an advocate. Her father, a World War II veteran, taught her what we all know, America is the greatest country in the world and she’s concerned that Washington’s lost its way...
Liz Carter is fighting to "Yank Hank" in November. If Liz wins the GOP primary on July 20, she will face Hank "Gaum's Gonna Tip Over" Johnson in the fall.
Liz Carter on the issues
Vijay Kumar (TN-5)
Vijay was born in 1954 in Hyderabad, India, to a conservative middle class family. He studied classics, political science, and philosophy in India. In 1979, Vijay emigrated to the United States because he felt uplifted by the values and possibilities inherent in the American way of life.
In 1983, Vijay married Robin Minix, a native of Bowling Green, Kentucky. In keeping with his conservative family values, Vijay and Robin have been married for twenty-seven years. The Kumar family attends Bellevue Community Church in Nashville, Tennessee...
If Vijay Kumar wins the GOP primary on August 19, he will face the Democratic nominee in November.
Vijay Kumar on the issues.
Anna Little (NJ-6)
Anna is a wife, a mother of three children, and currently serves as Mayor of the Borough of Highlands, New Jersey. As Mayor, Anna has proven her ability to manage a fiscally responsible municipality by reducing the budget, and implementing an economic growth vision for her hometown.
From 2006-2008, Anna served as a Monmouth County Freeholder, bringing her vision of responsible government to the county by establishing the Continuous Budget Review Committee, and by hosting an Economic Development Summit...
Anna Little will face incumbent Congressman Frank Pallone in the fall.
Anna Little on the issues
Allen West (FL-22)
Lieutenant Colonel Allen West (US Army, Retired) was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia and is third of four generations of military servicemen in his family. His parents instilled in him a very basic principle, love of God and Country. In 2004, when it was time to retire from more than twenty years of service in the US Army, he brought his wife and two young daughters to Broward County, Florida, where he taught high school for one year. He then returned to Afghanistan as an advisor to the Afghan army, an assignment he finished in November 2007...
If he wins the GOP primary on August 24, West will face Congressman Ron Klein in November.
Allen West on the issues
Ann Marie Buerkle (NY-25)
A native of Auburn, New York, Ann Marie is a nurse and accomplished attorney working in healthcare, mother of six and grandmother of eleven.
After graduating as an R.N. from St. Joseph’s Hospital School of Nursing, Ann Marie worked at Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital in New York City and St. Joseph’s Hospital in Syracuse. While juggling a growing family, Ann Marie was a substitute school nurse for many years before obtaining her law degree from Syracuse University School of Law...
Ann Marie Buerkle is the only candidate in her district running on both the Conservative Party and Repbulican Party lines. A victory in the September 14 GOP primary would allow her to face Dan Maffei in November.
Ann Marie Buerkle on the issues
Not enough room for Patrick Murray, Vicky Hartzler, Teresa Collett or Charles Lollar this week, but they will roll over into next week.
Ten Buck Fridays explained
Who's participating in Ten Buck Fridays
- TBF at Pirate's Cove
- More TBF linky love at The Other McCain!
- Proof Positive: Make your voice heard here, now and in November.
- TBF at That's Right
- Adrienne's Corner: Money talks, so if you're not participating in Ten Bucks Friday, just think of what could be accomplished if all the conservative bloggers joined together.
- Randy's Roundtable: New poll up!
- Rightosphere: A coalition of conservative bloggers have recently created a new movement - Ten Buck Fridays.
- Nice Deb: Keep in mind…the ones with the least name recognition are the ones that usually have the most fund-raising needs.
- The Conservative Lady: Spread the word about good, conservative candidates!
- TCUnation: An easy way to take some action during this election season...
- FreedomWorks: Pass the word to your friends and family.
- Robot: The only way to reclaim America is to support these Constitutionally Conservative candidates!
- Potluck: In case you haven’t already heard…
- The Lonely Conservative: I voted for...
- Smart Girl Politics: Ready for Your Vote...
- Caught Him With A Corndog: Get educated!
- just a conservative girl: This is becoming more and more popular as the days go on.
- The Resistance: Vote Anna Little
- Hack Wilson: It's only a matter of time before Rush Limbaugh mentions it.
- Red State: Consider heading over to RightKlik to vote for Rutledge
- Liz Carter for Congress: Help me get a money bomb!
- IOwntheWorld.com: Mo, Mo, Mo, Mo, Money Bomb
- Before It's News
- American Nation: Voting Starts Sunday and lasts until Friday.
- Gulag Blog: Let’s prove we are movers and shakers
- MoreMonmouthMusings: Tea Party darling Anna Little is in the poll this week and has tough competition.
- Right, Wing-Nut!: I think the wonderful Anna may have the steepest hill to climb.
- Liz Carter: Help me win a money bomb!
- The Lonely Conservative: You can help get rid of Dan Maffei by donating to the campaign of Ann Marie Buerkle and voting for her in the Ten Buck Fridays poll.