Seven states and the District of Columbia will hold primary elections today. The most controversial race is that of conservative Christine O'Donnell vs. liberal Mike Castle in Delaware. You can read about the controversy elsewhere. Right now, I want to highlight some reasons why voters in Delaware should vote for Christine O'Donnell...
1. The most principled conservative in the U.S. Senate, Jim DeMint, has endorsed Christine O'Donnell. Here's DeMint's endorsement:
"In Delaware, Christine O’Donnell is fighting for her life against an establishment machine that is terrified by her rapid rise in the polls. Despite being massively outspent and ignored by Washington insiders, she’s now within only 9 points[*] of her opponent, according to one poll.
The choice in Delaware could not be more clear. Christine’s opponent, Rep. Mike Castle, supports a cap-and-trade energy tax, he opposes the repeal of ObamaCare, he supports earmarks, he’s pro-choice, and is anti-Second Amendment.
"Christine has earned the endorsement of conservative leaders like Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, and Sarah Palin. And just yesterday, she won the support of the National Rifle Association because she will fight to protect our Second Amendment rights to keep and bear arms.
"If we’re willing to fight for Christine in the final hours of this race, she can and she will win this seat for conservatives."
*At this point, the race is too close to call, PPP puts Christine O'Donnell 3 points ahead of Mike Castle.
2. Christine O'Donnell is right on the issues. Here's a selection of her views taken from her campaign website:
- Believes jobs are created when businesses are freed from endless taxes and bureaucratic red tape.
- Believes heaping trillions in debt on the backs of our grandchildren is immoral and that Congress is elected to make the hard choices to preserve our nation’s future prosperity.
- Believes unrestrained government spending is eroding our freedom, destroying our economy and ceding our sovereignty to foreign debt- holders like China.
- Believes our country was founded on core values of faith, family and freedom and will fight to defend those values. Will always fight for maximum choice for parents about where to educate their kids, including private, parochial and charter schools or in the home.
- Believes that the solution to the healthcare crisis is less government meddling in the doctor/patient relationship, more competition in the insurance market and more choice for families about their health plan.
- Christine’s strong support of 2nd Amendment rights has earned her an “A” rating from the NRA.
3. Christine is an articulate grassroots conservative whose voice is sorely needed in the U.S. Senate. I submit the following as evidence:
- Kaboom: O’Donnell over Castle
- Why Christine O’Donnell Is Surging: Three Ads From Tea Party Express
- Governor Palin Robocall For Christine O'Donnell (Video)
- Rush Limbaugh on Christine O'Donnell (Audio)
- The Ruling Class Hits Christine O'Donnell
- Today, we are seeing the American people draw a line in the sand. They are tired not just of Obama and company, but gutless Republicans.
- Mike Castle: An Obama/Soros Republican.
- Castle: An Extreme Liberal
- Mike Castle voted with Democrats for a Bush impeachment resolution.
- Why No Interest In Mike Castle's Corrupt Lobbyist Problems?
- The Republican Establishment has dug a protective moat around Castle. The problem is, we can swim.
Cross-posted at Left Coast Rebel