Here are some highlights from the new WaPo/ABC poll. Note: this was a not a survey of voters (who tend to be more conservative than non-voters), but of the general adult population...
- 57% of Americans disapprove of the way Obama is handling the economy (44% strongly disapprove).
- 58% of Americans disapprove of the way Obama is handling the federal budget deficit, 39% approve.
- 72% disapprove of the way the Democrat-run U.S. Congress is doing its job.
- Only 24% think the economy is getting better
- 66% oppose "plans for a Muslim community center and place of worship in Lower Manhattan, near the site of the former World Trade Center."
- 19% of Americans consider themselves to be politically liberal, compared with 40% who consider themselves to be conservative.
- Asked of likely voters: "If the election for the U.S. House of Representatives in November were being held today, would you vote for (the Democratic candidate) or (the Republican candidate) in your congressional district?" Answer... Republican 53%, Democrat 40%
The clouds keep getting darker and darker for the Dems.