Astro·Turf \ˈas-trə-ˌtərf, -ˌtrō-\ : a political term of art for a faux movement funded by traditional powers to give a cause the appearance of independent grassroots support.
Smells like Soros...
An alphabet soup of union groups (e.g. AFL-CIO, SEIU, NEA, AFSCME, USW) in conjunction with the NAACP, Planned Parenthood, Code Pink and a host of radical, militant, race-baiting organizations will converge on Washington, D.C. on Saturday (10-2-10).
Big Government has provided excellent information on the Communist, Pro-Terrorist, Anti-Israel elements that are proud sponsors of the event. Together under the "One Nation" umbrella, hundreds of collectivist organizations representing hundreds of thousands of statist drones are expected show up for what might be the greatest display of astroturf of all time:
On October 2nd, the NAACP and national labor unions will give tens of thousands of people free bus rides, free lunches, free T-shirts and free Metro farecards as inducements to attend the One Nation Working Together rally being organized by a coalition of radical leftist organizations at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.The Service Employees International Union (SEIU) has promised to give free bus rides from major metropolitan areas within twelve hours of D.C. The United Steelworkers are also busing in demonstrators from across the Northeast. Even the Screen Actors Guild is ‘getting on the bus.’
I'm not kidding... they're busing in ACTORS. It's faker than fake.
Here's a small sample of some of the nutty groups that will be represented at Astroturf-a-palooza:
- Ya-Ya Network: an organization focusing primarily on Counter-Military Recruitment.
- Solidarity: a "revolutionary socialist" feminist organization
- Ex-Offenders Association of PA
- Communist Party USA: "A militant, activist, working class party"
- Democratic Socialists of America: "The largest socialist organization in the United States, and principal US affiliate of the Socialist International."
- Physicians for a National Health Program: an organization advocating a national socialized health care program.
- GLSEN: Providing sexually explicit materials for young kids
- La Raza: Radical racist group
- "We march for a clean environment, so no child is ever forced to decide between drinking the water or breathing the air and staying healthy." [For good health, don't breathe!]
- Good jobs: One million new jobs now. [Of course...from thin air! Right away, sir!]
- "We march for green jobs..." [A billion green jobs...right away, sir!]
- "We are...frustrated that society seems willing to spend more locking up our bodies than educating our minds."
- "...enact policies that expand access to the polls for everyone, including former felons" [What could go wrong?]
- "Increase and index the minimum wage." [Because unemployment isn't high enough already?]
- "We march for a nation in which each person who wants to work can find a job that pays enough to support a family." [No entry-level jobs?]
- "We have the pride, power and determination to keep ourselves – and our country – moving up and out of the valley greed created."
- "Make every job a safe job." [No more soldiers, firefighters, roofers, power line installers, or police officers?]
- "Everyone who works in America should have the right to join with their co-workers to have a voice on the job." [Card check]
- "...no child should live in fear that her parents will be deported." [DREAM Act!]
- "...to move our nation beyond this moment when a handful of Senators can block urgently needed progress..." [No need to debate; end the filibuster]
- "And on 11-2-10, we will march again – into the voting booths."
I hope Andrew Breitbart gets an opportunity to stop by for a visit.
Cross-posted at Left Coast Rebel