My letter to Obama, sent via USPS on April 1:
Dear Mr. President,
As a peaceful, law-abiding taxpayer, I urge you to stand by the statements and commitments you have made.
- "...absolutely, we need earmark reform. And when I'm president, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely."
- "When there is a bill that ends up on my desk as the president, you the public will have five days to look online and find out what's in it before I sign it."
- "Obama and Biden review the federal budget line by line and eliminate programs that don't work or are unnecessary."
- "I've always been a strong believer in the power of the free market. It has been and will remain the very engine of America's progress — the source of a prosperity that has gone unmatched in human history,"
- "The United States government has no interest in running GM. We have no intention of running GM."
- "Not because I believe in bigger government, I don't."
- "Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency..."
Your actions thus far have been inconsistent with these statements.
As a member of the "loyal opposition" I want America to succeed. I believe that if you stand firm and follow through with these statements, America will continue to grow and prosper, and you will enjoy robust support.
Who bows to whom when Her Majesty the Queen meets His Barackness the President?
The Smallest Minority on Earth
h/t: Just Jen
The President Is 'Keeping Score'
Chicago politics has moved into the White House.