Atlanta Tea Party Winding Down (10:15 p.m.)
I'm proud to count myself among the 15,000 people present at the Atlanta Tea Party. Attendance estimates range from 10,000 to 20,000, but most reliable estimates seem to center around 15,000. Some initial impressions:
- The event was extremely well organized, and it ran very smoothly.
- The energy and enthusiasm of the crowds was impressive.
- The overwhelming majority in attendance were very friendly and very civil.
- The entire demographic spectrum was well represented.
- Counter-protesters had almost no impact.
- Contrary to strange internet rumors, the event was not scaled back and did not end at 9:00 p.m.
- The back of my protest sign was pretty popular with the crowd:
Just a few seconds of an outburst that must have lasted at least two solid minutes.
Atlanta Police Estimate
Atlanta Police Department officers on the scene at the Georgia State Capitol are confirming that their estimate is 15,000 people present at the Atlanta Tea Party.
Massive: Tax Day Tea Party USA
I just have one word: Wow. More than 800 tea parties across the country.
Unreal: CNN reporter openly contemptuous of tea parties
A tour de force of bias, from her sarcasm to her Fox-bashing to her badgering a guy who’ll be paying off Obama’s monstrous deficits for decades about why he isn’t satisfied with a $400 tax break this year. The title of the clip is “CNN Reporter Roughed Up at Chicago Tea-Party,” which, as you’ll see, is a transparent lie unless you consider the crowd yelling at her to stop cutting off the people she’s interviewing as “rough.”
Thousands turn out for tax protest at Capitol
I owe how much?!?!?