Our leftist friends have made a compelling case, and I am now convinced that laissez faire economics are the source of most of our financial problems. So I have a brilliant idea. Since free-market capitalism has been unequivocally proven to be the source of our economic woes, let's introduce new government regulations. The more the merrier. And to introduce these regulations, let's not call in a bunch of economist. Let's put a few hundred smooth-talking lawyers in charge. We will call these demagogues "congressmen" and "senators."
We should choose individuals who inspire a great deal of confidence. Given the importance of the American economy to everyone who lives on this planet, we will need to assemble the most ethical, competent, farsighted, smart and sensible group of people the world has ever seen. If we are judicious, perhaps we can put together a group that will have a very high approval rating, perhaps around 9%.
These lawyers will draw from their vast business experience and will apply their profound wisdom to all of our perplexing challenges, and will give us the best economic system their legal minds can come up with. In the process, they will concentrate power in Washington, cater to special interest groups, and pander to the lowest common denominator.
Doesn't this sound like a recipe for success? I knew you would agree.
- Honest man goes the extra mile. Government fines man $650 for his honesty...and threatens him with criminal charges. Let's put Government in charge of everything!
- The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of likely voters found that only nine percent (9%) give Congress good or excellent ratings.
- Chrysler wants to thank you for your involuntary contribution to the bailout. Chrysler spent $100,000 on a full-page ad in USA Today to tell you how happy they are to have your money. Tell them what you think on Chrysler's blog. "Hey Chrysler: You're not welcome! Now is not the time for a 'thank you'. Now is the time for a refund...and an apology." My comment "has been saved and is pending moderation." Think it will ever see the light of day?
- Barack Obama is considering abandoning laser-based airborne anti-missile defense. Obama is an idiot. He is Soros' lapdog, and Soros longs for a weakened America. The 52% of voters who voted for Obama should be ashamed. I am incensed.
- Canada, are you crazy? Canada offers $3.29 billion auto bailout. Hey Canada, do you have anything left over to help us out with an anti-missile defense system?
Fascinating vintage cartoon...the secret of American prosperity.
Pay your income tax gladly and proudly!