Why hasn't the U.S. suffered a terrorist attack like the one in Mumbai? Consider the following:
- India is a country in which gun laws are notoriously strict.
- India produces the shoddiest guns in the world, but they are exceedingly expensive.
- Import of foreign-made weapons was banned in 1986.
- Because the government has a monopoly on the market for firearms, license-holders who wish to abide by the law have no choice but to make do with outdated, crude-finish weapons.
- Private license-holders aren’t the only ones complaining. Forced to use weapons considered virtually obsolete in the international market, millitary men say it would be wiser to allow private companies to manufacture arms and ammunition.
- Obtaining a license for even a single security officer to carry a gun is extremely difficult in India, not only requiring compliance with draconian laws and regulations, but also requiring well-placed political connections.
- Most police officers throughout India are unarmed or carry only bamboo sticks.
Being acquainted with the information above, you won't be surprised to learn that although the hotels in Mumbai were equipped with metal detectors and staffed with security officers, their security measures were of no use because the security officers were unarmed.
What happened in Mumbai could have happened almost anywhere in the world. But future attacks of this nature are more likely to happen in places where terrorists know they will face little or no resistance.
India Security Faulted as Survivors Tell of Terror.
"At about 9:45 p.m., two gunmen, slender and in their mid-20s, ran up the circular driveway at the entrance to the Trident. They shot the security guard and two bellhops. The hotel had metal detectors, but none of its security personnel carried weapons because of the difficulties in obtaining gun permits from the Indian government, according to the hotel company’s chairman, P.R.S. Oberoi."
Mark Steyn: Mumbai could happen just about anywhere. The Islamic imperialist project is a totalitarian ideology: It is at war with Hindus, Jews, Americans, Britons, everything that is other.
MSM Ignore India's Strict Gun Control Laws
History of Gun Control Laws in India.
Attackers expose luxury hotels' vulnerabilities.
Muslim graveyard refuses to bury terrorists in Mumbai.
"The lesson of the Holocaust is that if someone says he wants to annihilate you, believe him." The West has been hearing threats on this level from Islamic-fundamentalists for decades, yet we somehow don't believe them.