Finally...a powerful and compelling message from a GOP leader. Michael Steele examines Obama's "reign of error."
- The era of apologizing for Republican mistakes of the past is now officially over.
- We are going to take the president head-on. The honeymoon is over. The two-party system is making a comeback, and that comeback starts today.
- This popular politician who is our president is engaged in the most massive expansion of the old industrial age model of government that our country has ever seen.
- Candidate Obama was very moderate in his views, but President Obama could not possibly be further to the far left.
- Candidate Obama talked about fiscal responsibility, about government living within its means. But President Obama is saddling our unborn grandchildren with mountains of debt.
- Candidate Obama boasted about cutting taxes, but President Obama, trust me, will have to raise taxes to pay for his massive top down government explosion. Let’s not have that lie stay out there any longer - 95% of the people will not get a tax cut.
- Candidate Obama was all about being bipartisan, but President Obama could not be more partisan.
- So...what's the loyal opposition to do with this popular president? We are going to speak truth to power. We are going to speak directly, and we are going to take him on.
- President Obama now wants to cap and tax every single American into paying higher utility rates.
- President Obama and his allies in Congress have now put their taxing eyes on soft drinks.
- President Obama and Democrat leaders want a brand new tax on our health care benefits and are devising a plan to give federal government bureaucrats control of our health care system.
- President Obama is backing a plan to take away the basic right of every American worker to cast a private ballot.
- President Obama has for the first time in our history politicized the US Census process by putting political appointees in his White House in charge of it.
- President Obama and his far left allies are flirting with an attempt to squelch the basic freedom of speech of our nation's airwaves.
- President Obama's Attorney General is trying to use Mexican drug gang wars as a reason to advocate a new gun ban in America.
- President Obama's Administration has disparaged our war heroes and veterans by suggesting that they are a threat to our safety, when the truth is they are the cause of our safety.
- You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
- You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
- You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
- You cannot further the brotherhood of man by encouraging class hatred.
- You cannot establish security by borrowing money.
- You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
- You cannot build character and courage by taking away one's initiative and incentive.
- You cannot help individuals permanently by doing for them what they should do for themselves.
- Too bad the chattering classes inside the Beltway are too busy fretting over phony disputes and intra-party intrigue to notice that a change has indeed come to America. This change comes in a tea bag!
- Over the coming months Republicans will be bold in our approach. We will offer real solutions, and we will do so aggressively and without apology. We will focus on freedom and the freedom of the individual.
- The Democrats act as if the government is the provider of the very liberties we enjoy. No fashionable politician or president, no matter how popular, can give them to us nor will we allow them to take them from us.
Great message, Steele. Now let's back it up with substance.
Rasmussen: 42% Favor Free Health Care.
Free?! Is it coming from Santa or the Tooth Fairy?
Pelosi's toxicity... is she the liberal Newt?
Watch This: The National Debt Road Trip
...now share it.