Bush's "cowboy diplomacy" was relentlessly derided by liberals. One of their favorite churlish refrains: "Yeehaw! is not a foreign policy." They said we needed to restore America's reputation and leadership, so they gave us the gift of Obama. Note to Obama worshipers — Obama is not off to a good start.
Obama 'too tired' to give proper welcome to Gordon Brown
Barack Obama's offhand approach to Gordon Brown's Washington visit last week came about because the president was facing exhaustion over America's economic crisis and is unable to focus on foreign affairs. Sources close to the White House say Mr. Obama and his staff have been "overwhelmed"...and have voiced concerns that the new president is not getting enough rest.
British officials admit that Obama aides seemed unfamiliar with the expectations that surround a major visit by a British prime minister. A well-connected Washington figure, who is close to members of Mr Obama's inner circle, expressed concern that Mr Obama had failed so far to "even fake an interest in foreign policy".
British diplomats insist the visit was a success, [b]ut they concede that the mood music of the event was at times strained. Brown handed over carefully selected gifts, including a pen holder made from the wood of a warship that helped stamp out the slave trade - a sister ship of the vessel from which timbers were taken to build Mr Obama's Oval Office desk. Mr Obama's gift in return, a collection of Hollywood film DVDs that could have been bought from any high street store, looked like the kind of thing the White House might hand out to the visiting head of a minor African state.
The real views of many in Obama administration were laid bare by a State Department official involved in planning the Brown visit, who reacted with fury when questioned by The Sunday Telegraph about why the event was so low-key. The official dismissed any notion of the special relationship, saying: "There's nothing special about Britain. You're just the same as the other 190 countries in the world. You shouldn't expect special treatment."
As we round out Obama's first 50 days, let's look back on some of the highlights:
- After their first two weeks in the White House, Barry and Michelle were already creaking under the pressure, and they left the White House on short notice to chill out with second-graders. Barry: "We were just tired of being in the White House."
- Barry was quick to bounce back and soon developed a reputation as a party animal, throwing taxpayer money away for parties nearly every night with ‘friends’ and supporters, celebrating everything from the Superbowl and Valentine's weekend to President's Day and the Passage of the Porkulus bill.
- Almost every time he spoke, Obama whined about the incredible mess he inherited. In turn, the Dow-Jones plummeted just about every time Obama opened his mouth.
- Obama displayed incredible ignorance with regard to elementary economic issues, and sent incredibly confusing signals about the health of the economy. In one breath Obama would tell us not to "stuff money" in our matresses: “I don’t think that people should be fearful about our future, I don’t think that people should suddenly mistrust all of our financial institutions.” In the very next breath, he would tell us that the end is not in sight when it comes to the economic crisis.
- Obama sent Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to Russia, and in a stupid stunt worthy of Tracy Flick, Hillary embarrassed the whole world with a gift gaffe from Hades.
- As the embarrassment of his incompetence became increasingly painful, Barry spent an inordinate amount of time trying to distract voters from the real issues by picking fights with a harmless radio talk show host.
Now we hear that poor Obama is shirking his responsibilities because he is tired. What a crybaby! What happened to the boundless energy of "Campaign Obama"...that studly young man who pranced around on the beaches of Hawaii to show us what a beefy hunk he is?
And what happened to the promise of repairing our reputation in the world? Is this what they had in mind? Insulting the British and playing silly games with the Russians? Are they kidding?? It's not funny. It's an outrage!
CNN glosses over the Administration's failures, telling us it's the thought that counts. I'd like to think Obama has more than good intentions up his sleeve — but he doesn't, does he? In a few years we will look back on Obama's first fifty days and think "those were the good times, before we had any idea how bad things would get."
Presidential Approval Index Dropping
Obama has a Presidential Approval Index rating of +6, his lowest rating to date.
Not a Socialist
For the record: Obama is NOT a socialist — or is he? Read the whole article...methinks he doth protest too much.
Obama is Pro-Life
Have you not heard enough lies from Hussein lately? This should satisfy your needs.
Jindal Blasts Budget, Answers Critics
Is Specter History?
Former Rep. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) will challenge Sen. Arlen Specter in a primary for the second straight cycle, according to Pennsylvania GOP sources. Toomey narrowly lost to Specter in a 2004 primary by less than 1 percent and recently said he was considering another run.
Jesus was a Palestinian?
A "true or false" question on the origins of Christianity asserted that "Christianity was started by a young Palestinian named Jesus." The teacher's edition says this is "true."
Today's Obama Economy May Be Worse Than Great Depression