Obama's dossier of lies and broken promises is getting really fat.
Obama on earmarks
"[W]e need earmark reform. And when I'm president, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely."
But what about the porkulus bill?
It's a great example of my committment to eliminate earmarks says Obama: "Now, I'm proud that we passed a recovery plan free of earmarks."
Really, Obama? Even your own cronies know that's a joke.
"There was just a roar of laughter – because there were earmarks," Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., told CNN.
Sunlight Before Signing
Obama's Pledge: "When there is a bill that ends up on my desk as the president, you the public will have five days to look online and find out what's in it before I sign it."
Reality Check: Obama signed his first bill, the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act only two days after its passage. He signed a second bill expanding the State Children's Health Insurance Program just three hours after Congress passed it. Obama signed his $787 billion porkuls only one business day after it passed through Congress – without allowing for five days of public comment.
Obama promised to ban lobbyists from serving in his administration. He stated it very plainly: "When I am president, they won't find a job in my White House." Obama later "waived" his rules for at least two of his nominees – William J. Lynn and William Corr.
Do you believe these statements?
- “If your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increased a single dime. I repeat: not one single dime.”
- “...Not because I believe in bigger government — I don’t.”
- "Let me say this as plainly as I can: By Aug. 31, 2010, our combat mission in Iraq will end." (What happened to May 2010?)
- “Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency,”
- Q. Are you a socialist as some people have suggested? A. "You know...the answer would be no."
- Update: How about this one: "We cannot allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon ...And I will do everything that's required to prevent it. And we will never take military options off the table."
Hat Tip: Chicago Ray
Obameter: Broken Promises
America's closest ally: Dealing with Obama regime ‘unbelievably hard’
Obama's Poll Numbers Are Falling to Earth
Times Hires "Squishy" Conservative Columnist
Commentary: Obama, Dems wrong to kill school vouchers
The Obama Rosetta Stone
Obama’s Top Five Broken Promises
Tyranny Alert: Judge orders homeschoolers into public district classrooms
The judge explained his goal in ordering the children to register and attend a public school was to make sure they have a "more well-rounded education." "I thought Ms. Mills had done a good job [in homeschooling]," he said. "It was great for them to have that access, and [I had] no problems with homeschooling. I said public schooling would be a good complement." Hat Tip: Freedom's Fight