Some highlights of a new Arizona law:
- Requires a reasonable attempt to determine the immigration status of a person during any legitimate contact made by a government official if there is reasonable suspicion that the person is unlawfully present in the U.S.
- Requires an alien unlawfully present in the U.S. who is convicted of a violation of state or local law to be transferred immediately to the custody of ICE or Customs and Border Protection.
- Trespassing by Illegal Aliens: Specifies that a person is guilty of trespassing if the person is present on any public or private land in the state and is not carrying his or her alien registration card.
- Stipulates it is unlawful to encourage or induce an alien to come to or reside in Arizona if the person knows that residing in this state is in violation of law.
- Investigations of Employers: States that it is not entrapment for law enforcement officers or their agents merely to use a ruse or to conceal their identities.
- Establishes a class 3 felony for failing to verify employment eligibility through E-Verify or keep records of verifications.
My thoughts and the thoughts of others...
It had to be done and they did it. Thank you Arizona. Criminals who illegally enter Arizona from Mexico have created a epidemic of violence.
Arizona was right to take action...but they will be hurt for it (left-wing lawsuits, boycotts, slanderous ridicule, etc.) All of America owes Arizona our thanks and our support.
Arizona's new immigration law makes sense. In terms of resources and in terms of political will, it has become abundantly clear that the federal government refuses to make the right decisions to drive down illegal immigration.
Barack Obama disapproves of the law, saying today that it "undermine(s) basic notions of fairness that we cherish as Americans." By "basic notions of fairness," what Obama really means is "protection for foreign criminals who might be voting in the next election;" and when Obama uses the word "Americans," what he really means is "democrat politicians."
Obama is so concerned about the plight of undocumented democrats in Arizona that he's instructed the Justice Department to see if Arizona immigration bill is legal. Funny― I was hoping they'd do the same for ObamaCare.
Cracking down on the murderous greed of foreign criminals:
Q: Hey Obama, what do you do when you have ticked off most of the voters in the country?
A: Import voters from outside the country
Left Coast Rebel: Acting Stupidly, Chapter Two. Arizona Governor Jan Brewer is fighting for law and order. Obama calls that "irresponsible."
Power Line: It Worked So Well For Bush...