- Your name is Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab.
- You're from a wealthy family in Nigeria.
- The U.S. has known for at least two years that you could have terrorist ties.
- Your father contacted the U.S. embassy six months ago about concerns that you had become radicalized and could pose a threat to the U.S.
- You successfully travel from Muslim-dominated Nigeria to Amsterdam to Detroit without arousing suspicion...despite the fact that you're carrying a syringe full of chemicals and have explosive powder taped to your leg.
- Using your explosive device, you set yourself on fire midair—drawing international attention—but the White House calls your cowardly Christmas attack an attempted act of terrorism.
- Barack Hussein Obama is President of the United States.
- Lucky you. You'll probably be treated as a common criminal. Welcome to America.