Do women have an unalienable right to make their own reproductive decisions? Obama's science czar, John Holdren, says no. The right to carry a baby to term is apparently not as sacred to leftists as the right to abort...
In a book Holdren co-authored, the man now firmly in control of science policy in this country wrote that:
- Women could be forced to abort their pregnancies;
- The population at large could be sterilized by infertility drugs intentionally put into the nation's drinking water or in food;
- Single mothers and teen mothers should have their babies seized from them against their will and given away to other couples to raise;
- People who "contribute to social deterioration" (i.e. undesirables) "can be required by law to exercise reproductive responsibility" — in other words, be compelled to have abortions or be sterilized.
- A transnational "Planetary Regime" should assume control of the global economy and also dictate the most intimate details of Americans' lives — using an armed international police force.
Other gems from the czar:
- The U.S. is "the meanest of wealthy countries."
- We will need to surrender national sovereignty to an armed international police force.
- Pro-family and pro-birth attitudes are caused by ethnic chauvinism.
- "Carbon dioxide-induced famines could kill as many as a billion people before the year 2020."
- "The Christian concept of life in this world, as voiced by Saint Paul, that 'here we have no abiding city,' for example, conceivably could help explain why some people show rather little concern for the long-term future of the global environment or for the well-being of future generations"
- Mass sterilization of humans though drugs in the water supply is OK as long as it doesn't harm livestock.
So these are the notions Obama had in mind when he said he would "restore science to its rightful place"?
Restoring Science to its rightful place
Forcing women to abort their pregnancies...
Third Party for Palin?
Bad idea. The last thing we need is a new Ross Perot.
Obama promised to save the economy
America is growing impatient.
Weaker support for ObamaCare
Latest Rasmussen poll shows 49% oppose, 46% favor health care plans proposed by Team Obama
Congress Rebukes Obama on Dictatorial Claim
Barney Frank calls Obama's statement "undemocratic"
African journalist makes CNN look very stupid.
BHO’s warm welcome in Africa was somehow “unprecedented?" Not so much.