You're an environmentally responsible individual, so you do your best to live greenly and leave a small carbon footprint. But making green decisions isn't always easy. Is it greener to walk, ride or bicycle or take the bus? Should you use traditional diapers or disposables? Should you use paper or plastic? Are you helping the environment when you plant a tree? Think you know the answers? Don't be so sure...you may not be as environmentally intelligent as you think.
Don't worry, RightKlik is here to help. Let's get to the heart of the matter. Environmental responsibility boils down to one thing: reducing your carbon footprint. In the U.S. we produce about 7.5 tons of carbon per human being per year. So what's good for the environment and what's bad? Glad you asked:
- Bad: Having children. Another kid, another 7.5 tons of carbon per year.
- Good: Abortions. Fewer kids, less carbon.
- Bad: Heterosexual marriage. An ill-conceived institution that leads to increased carbon production through human population growth.
- Good: Traffic accidents. Destroying carbon-belching automobiles and their human drivers simultaneously...what could be better?
- Bad: Health care. Longer life equates to more carbon emissions. Universal health care will be one of the biggest environmental tragedies of all time.
- Good: Hurricanes. Kills people, destroys their communities, and shuts down local economies...a big win for the environment.
Human beings are the number one source of man-made carbon emissions. Want to get serious about reducing carbon emissions? Drop dead! Literally. I'm not kidding.
Interesting Links: A Jumbo Pack!
Global cooling, global warming, pesticides, alar on apples, falling sperm counts from endocrine disrupters, cancer from power lines, cancer from saccharine, cancer from cell phones, cancer from computer screens, cancer from food coloring, hair spray, electric razors, electric blankets, coffee, chlorinated water…it never seems to end! A good article for the worriers, hypchondriacs and environmental alarmists in your life.
A new spin on centrifugal force.
A new spin on angular momentum.
Obama: We Must Act Now. Obama Tries to Build Bipartisan Support for Stimulus. Everything comes with a price, Obama. How much will our children pay for your ambitions?
Funny Business in Minnesota...In which every dubious ruling seems to help Al Franken.
I fear this election season marks the sad end of American democracy as we know it. May the most merciful thug win!
We desperately need 600,000 New Federal Employees.
"What are you doing here?": man asks wife at brothel
The Reuters Fauxtography Scandal: A Taxonomy of Fraud
Keeping Cool with Coolidge. We are entering a time when the American president is simultaneously the sole arbiter of good and bad in the universe, a fashion plate, a paparazzi-attracting celebrity and a pop art icon...
Stay childless and save the environment.
Global Swarming: Is it time for Americans to start cutting our baby emissions?
Calculate your impact with Al Gore's carbon calculator. This is why he invented the Internet.
Walking to the shops ‘damages planet more than going by car’