Thursday, March 4, 2010

Is Obama Selling Judgeships for Health Care Votes?

Is Obama trading judgeships for votes on his health care bill? Michele Bachmann is asking tough questions:

Video: h/t RightScoop

Background information from the Weekly Standard:

Tonight, Barack Obama will host ten House Democrats who voted against the health care bill in November at the White House; he's obviously trying to persuade them to switch their votes to yes. One of the ten is Jim Matheson of Utah. The White House just sent out a press release announcing that today President Obama nominated Matheson's brother Scott M. Matheson, Jr. to the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.

“Scott Matheson is a distinguished candidate for the Tenth Circuit court,” President Obama said. “Both his legal and academic credentials are impressive and his commitment to judicial integrity is unwavering. I am honored to nominate this lifelong Utahn to the federal bench.

...Scott Matheson appears to have the credentials to be a judge, but was his nomination used to buy off his brother's vote?

This certainly looks suspicious, but I don't know. Maybe this was just the coincidence of the day!

Discussion


More


Obama voter to Obama: You are driving cynicism to new heights.

Malkin: Incorrigibly corrupt or incorrigibly stupid. Take your pick.

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hey - how cool is that (being featured) You are truly a sweet man. How's BabyRightKlik??

RightKlik said...

Adrienne: You've been a great support. It's literally the least I could do.

BabyRightKlik is doing great. Check this out.

Z said...

See what the Left does? They paint is as if the Right is never conscientious about their objections, it's only about SAYING NO and being DESTRUCTIVE. It's very effective but had better stop fast.


I don't Twitter, RK and I've been dying to know if your baby had come yet? Wish I could see a picture!
Also, since Mr. Z's passing, I haven't been visiting as much, to anyone...sorry...So, I looked a bit back into your blog to see if you'd done a NEW BABY BLOG and learned that you lost your father at such a very young age. I am SO SO SORRY, dear RK...Please accept my belated but very heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
xxx Z

RightKlik said...

Z: Thank you.

I've been thinking about starting a ConservaDad blog, or something like that. In the meantime, here are some pics:

Newborn
Older
Recent

Z said...

I adore the sound of ConservaDad....you've got to help get our schools straightened out before that absolutely GORGEOUS little girl is old enough to go!
Please consider it. If I can help at all, let me know.

RK, this little girl of yours is absolutely exquisite...I'm still smiling from the very first picture I opened..what a beautiful mouth and such bright eyes in that last picture. Congratulations...I'm SO SO very happy for you.
As I just said at my place when I commented to your links there, Mr. Z passed 10 days before you got your little girl, so that's probably why I missed your blog notices...but I'd been thinking about you and waiting!
Love to you all...kiss her from me! xxx

RightKlik said...

Z: Thank you! I'll have to get little Adeline to read your remarks a few years from now! She's very fortunate that she looks more like her mom :)