Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ted Cruz for Senate in Texas!

Ted Cruz
Photo: Gage Skidmore


Cross-posted from the Left Coast Rebel

I'm done with complaining about the Republican Party's three-ring-circus Presidential primary race. Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum can duke it out to the end. I would still love to see a brokered convention but am aware that the phrase Jeb Bush 2012 should give me pause for the brokered option.

I plan on supporting more than complaining going forward. I have no horse in the presidential race; I'm going to switch gears now and spotlight liberty candidates for 2012. On this note, I just saw that the Republican Liberty Caucus has endorsed Ted Cruz for the 2012 Texas senate seat race:
The Republican Liberty Caucus is pleased to announce the endorsement of Ted Cruz in the Republican Senate Primary in Texas. In a large field with many appealing candidates, Cruz stands out as the candidate with the clearest record of defending liberty, the most forceful positions on key issues and the most effective leader to claim the seat on behalf of grassroots Republicans. He represents the principles of limited government and individual liberty to which the Republican Liberty Caucus is dedicated.

Being that the RLC mirrors my belief system, I take notice when they endorse a candidate.

But who is Ted Cruz?

First, Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (RINO-Texas) is retiring which opens up the primary for a true conservative with a proven fiscal conservative track record. Is Ted Cruz just that candidate?

From his campaign website:



MORE:



FYI: The Texas primary is May 29. If you like what you see, donate to the candidate either through the Senate Conservatives Fund or directly at his campaign site.

Updated: An American Housewife blogs on Ted Cruz.

No comments: