At the height of Obamamania, between the election and Obama's inauguration, I challenged liberal readers to look into the future and ask themselves if there was anything Obama could ever do to lose their support. To my everlasting surprise, I got some answers...
Is there anything Obama could do to lose your support? If so, what?Easily. For instance, he could...1. Fail to end the war in Iraq.2. Have a heavy-handed, questionably legal foreign policy in which he has the US invade countries and conduct attacks that result in killing innocent people or breaking US and int'l law.3. In general, act as if the US is above the law4. Continue to prop up the auto and oil industries, and in general provide welfare to corporations5. Fail to begin to wean US over-dependence on fossil fuels.For starters...
Twenty-seven months later...
- Protesters arrested marking Iraq war anniversary
- Eighth Anniversary Of The Iraq War’s Beginning, And Now Libya!
- WAR NO. 3: US Launches Missile Attack on Libyan Forces
- Drilling moratorium? What drilling moratorium? Obama boosts Brazil’s offshore oil industry...
- Obama and Hackett in Brazil: The Democrat Party Halliburton Connection
- President attacks oil-rich nation while traveling abroad with oil industry executive
- At current share prices, the U.S. government would lose $9.8 billion on its $49.5 billion bailout of GM. It holds a 33 percent in the automaker.
- President Obama to Resume Guantanamo Bay Trials
- A record number of Americans worry about gas prices and U.S. dependence on oil imports
You voted for Obama ― Are you happy now?