Thursday, January 13, 2011

Get ready, America, for The Hermanator Experience

It looks like Herman Cain is dead serious about running for president.

The progs at The Atlantic have written up a pretty good piece introducing the uninitiated to "The Hermanator Experience." They called him crazy (without citing any evidence) and then proceeded to slather him with praise:
Although often outrageous, he has a shrewd sense of his appeal. At a GOP confab in New Orleans last year, Cain railed against liberals, who, he said, slander conservatives as “racist, redneck tea-baggers.” He paused for effect, then brought the house down: “I had to go look in the mirror to see if I missed something!”

Last year, Cain addressed more than 40 Tea Party rallies, hit all the early presidential states, and became a YouTube sensation. He pops up regularly on Fox News. He has devoted followers—on Twitter, on the radio, and in the real world too. He calls himself the “dark horse.” People love it. In December, he was the surprise choice for 2012 GOP nominee in a reader poll on the conservative Web site RedState.com, narrowly edging out Palin. “I’m 70, 80 percent there,” he told me. The only question is money. If he can raise enough, he’ll get in the race.

Cain would surely enliven the proceedings, and might even steal a debate or two. But is he for real? Maybe. “The people posting about Cain on Facebook and Twitter are the activists I look to for the pulse of the Tea Party,” Tim Albrecht, a top aide to Iowa’s Republican governor, Terry Branstad, told me. “They’ve taken an increased interest in him.” Get ready, America...
Read the rest here.

And don't miss what Matthew Newman has to say.

Or this from Red State: Herman Cain ... America can be great again.



4 comments:

Just a conservative girl said...

I am a big fan of his. I don't think he can win, but I am very happy that he has made this decision.

Just imagine a debate between he and Obama. I would pay money to see that.

RightKlik said...

@JCG

We'll soon see how far he can go. Frankly I'd sooner donate money to Herman Cain and invest blood, sweat and tears for his campaign than to do so for any other candidate who has shown serious signs of running.

Anonymous said...

While I will hope that Ron Paul will run, and win. If not,and Cain gets nominated and makes it to the general I will vote for him.

Otherwise, with the potential canidates, I will mostly likely stay home on that day.

The Conservative Lady said...

All I know is that the GOP better have a good candidate in 2012, or they're toast. I don't have a favorite yet...I wish I did.