Monday, September 19, 2011

NYT's Fake Conservative Admits He's a Fool

Image via blonde sagacity

Out of the closet!

Surely David Brooks must know that he confirmed his own idiot status long ago, when he admitted to a pants-leg inspired 'Bromance' with Barack Obama. Now Brooks is openly and explicitly admitting that he's a gullible fool:
I’m a sap, a specific kind of sap. I’m an Obama Sap.

When the president said the unemployed couldn’t wait 14 more months for help and we had to do something right away, I believed him. When administration officials called around saying that the possibility of a double-dip recession was horrifyingly real and that it would be irresponsible not to come up with a package that could pass right away, I believed them.

I liked Obama’s payroll tax cut ideas and urged Republicans to play along. But of course I’m a sap.

...we will get neither short-term stimulus nor long-term debt reduction anytime soon, and I’m a sap for thinking it was possible.

Yes, I’m a sap. I believed Obama when he said he wanted to move beyond the stale ideological debates that have paralyzed this country. I always believe that Obama is on the verge of breaking out of the conventional categories and embracing one of the many bipartisan reform packages that are floating around.

But remember, I’m a sap...

I was hoping the president would give a cynical nation something unconventional, but, as you know, I’m a sap.

Being a sap, I still believe that the president’s soul would like to do something about the country’s structural problems.

...I still believe in the governing style Obama talked about in 2008. I may be the last one. I’m a sap.

PS: Davey still thinks Washington should be taking ever-increasing amounts of our money. And like all good Democrats, he thinks that the media are too hard on Democrats and that conservatives are too rigid and extreme.

Yes, Davey, you're still a fool. But admitting that you have a problem doesn't seem to be helping much.

Discussion at Memeorandum

No comments: